Saturday, February 7, 2009

TeSTiMoNieZ... FeBRuaRy 1- FeBRuaRy 7

Sunday, February 1: I thank God for a real SUNday. It was beautiful today! The weather has its way of affecting my mood so I felt pretty good today. I thank God for the way He speaks. This morning’s message was about staying fresh. We were encouraged not to allow our familiarity with Christ keep us from being excited about doing his will… to keep the fire we once had as a new Christian. I thank God for this message because it’s something that I needed to be reminded of. God is good.

Monday, February 2: I’m grateful to have had the opportunity to chat with a group of some of my closest HoMieZ in Miami. I really do appreciate some of the simple things in life. LoL. It was just a group MSN chat but it really made my day. I just thank God for the people in my life that can make me “LoL” for real.

Tuesday, February 3: I thank God for allowing me to start something that I’ve been putting off. LoL. I’m horrible at keeping loved once posted on what’s going on with my life but I’ve come up with a possible solution to that problem… “blogging”. We shall see how this works. I was also able to drop a few e-mails to my family and close friends at home. Thank God for motivating today!

Wednesday, February 4: I’m just grateful for some much needed me and Jesus time. I had a chance to catch up on some reading and conversation with God. I am really in love with the “Butterfly in Brazil” book. I thank God for always being there… for speaking when we truly seek Him for real. I pray for consistency. That this isn’t a one day thing… Oh and I got to go to a prayer and my International place of worship. That was cool too!

Thursday, February 5: I thank God for the chance to hang out with a friend and classmate that was in town for a day. I guess I’m just grateful for good times… lol … for good food and good laughs. I thank God that she is also pretty chill and laid back. Today was a good day.

Friday, February 6: I first want to thank for allowing me to have a safe flight to Hainan. I also want to thank Him for awesome one on one time with Him. I finally finished my “Butterfly in Brazil” book. I feel God asking me to apply so many of the principles brought up by the author. For example, focus on the small everyday things you can do to change the world rather than vague ideals or concepts. There are specific things that can be done where I am. I need to remain faithful. I pray that God will give me a specific thing to be passionate about. When it came to reading, I went through Jeremiah chapter 2. I was moved by verses 21 and 32. It really is interesting how we humans can forget or deny God even though He is so good to us. I guess I just pray that He will help me to live my life in a way that shows He exists; that I can represent him well; that (as mentioned in “Butterfly in Brazil”, I can live a life of true sacrifice) That everyday will contain constant self-denial and the killing of the flesh. LoL. Because I’m SO not there yet (may God-He who can keep us from falling… according to the Book of Jude- handle my many issues and keep me from falling on the real!). I am also grateful for the time I had to read his word, for His clarity, and for the feeling that my relationship with His is improving. God is too good to me. I really don’t deserve Him.

Saturday, February 7: I thank God for the day I’ve spent in Hainan. I am grateful for the awesome weather (HOORAY for sunshine and real clouds lol. I am loving the HEAT!!) and just the chance to walk on a beach. I’m so shocked at how much I miss beaches. I am also thankful that I got to chill by a nice pool. LoL. There were definitely a few “incidents”/”challenges” today but I thank God for just giving me a positive spirit. LoL. I wonder how I would have viewed things if I didn’t have that one on one time with Him last night. I thank God that we found a cheaper place to stay in a great area of town. I really thank God for the peace that only He can give.




The beach we went to in Sanya, Hainan... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment